Thursday, October 30, 2014

My reading life

              Last year I was a poor reader. I didn't really see the point in reading, I always wanted to push myself  into reading the book, but I just didn't have the inspiration to read the book. I have read 4 books in just this past nine weeks. To me that's an accomplishment because I did mostly spark notes in all of me readings in order to be catches up with the whole class.

           I have read 3 books fully, now in my fourth book. The three books I've read are, Thirteen reasons why, Lessons from a dead girl, Perfect Chemistry and the fourth book I'm reading is Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close. This books are filled with mystery which I found out reading this books. Who knew this type of genre I would end up loving.

           I will be really clear on this, I think I read about two books in the last year. I usually had no interest in reading because I didn't really like it. I thought reading was a waste of time and it wouldn't help me at all. But I found out reading helped me out in my vocabulary.

        I learned that I am into mystery books with love in them. Which is mostly what I've read. I like to keep thinking about the book while I'm reading. It makes me question the author. It makes me think about what's going to happen. Which makes me want to never stop reading the book, but of course we have to at some point.

       The most difficult book I've read might be the one I'm reading right now. Extremely Loud, incredibly close, because the chapters go from the kid to then the grandma to then the father. It doesn't tell you straight of the bat of this is the nest persons chapter, we have to figure it ourself by the context clues, which is sometimes difficult.
 
       I have a busy life. I do homework and work. I rarely have anytime to read unless when I'm off but by the. I still have errands to do and it can pretty difficult finding a way to read. But then I started reading before I go to sleep, it relaxes me. I read whenever I have time at school, and pretty much anywhere I can squeeze reading in.

         I need to improve on my reading skills in how to be able to determine what the theme is in my book. I can never really find it because I read straightforward with vivid images in my head but never stop to think about the theme.

          My reading goals for the rest of the year is to keep reading at the same relate I been reading so I an reach my goal of read 15 books by the end of this year. I hope I can accomplish it.



1 comment:

  1. Karen, please change the title of your blog to something interesting that represents you as a person. "English" is so dull.

    I wonder where your book trailer is, hmm?

    You've done a fine job of thinking about your reading life here, and you've made a decent start at becoming a reader. Stick with it. We find the time to do what we value, and I promise, reading is valuable.
    4

    ReplyDelete