Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Creed

  My first ever poem. At first it was hard knowing how to write a poem. How to rhyme, use literary devices, after i got started, I saw poetry wasn't all about rhymes, like we read in Dr. Seuss books.

I believe in prayer,
Yet destruction happens to the good.
I believe in falling in love is pure,
Although it leaves a scar.
I believe in magic,
Brings an image of youth in my head,
As a 5 year old running to my father's arm.
I believe in the first impressions,
Even tho sometimes the goodbyes are the most important.
I roam around for happiness,
It isn't easy I say.
Looking under the rocks isn't the ideal way to look for it.
My uncle was the happiness in me.
Not even a goodbye.
Just tears strolling down,
God hugged me, and whispered in my ear, everything will be okay.
I believe in midnight phone calls,
Shows the sweetness of a candy.
I believe in perfection,
Yet one little hair, can mess your first impression in meeting the love of your life.
I believe that the present builds upon your past,
Creating the person you never thought you could be.
I believe in the power of the music,
It can move cities with its inspiration acting upon us human beings.
It can help us do the right choices, prevent cuts, scars, and guide us to our call.
I believe in make-up,
To hide nights of solitude filled with worries, tears and regrets.
I believe in kisses can cease a contract.
I believe in romantic dates,
But opening the door of the car will make me fall in love.
I believe in "Sprite",
The fizzing in my throat after a long, sunny day,
Can improve my mood.
The pop sounds. Pop, pop, pop, all with a different symphonic noises added to it.
As if there speaking to me.
I believe in horoscopes
"Tell me the future"
Prevent myself from losing a family member.
To prevent to know what depression feels like.
Have the knowledge to understand what it is to not shed a tear.
Drop, after drop, sweep after sweep.
I believe in video games,
Makes me feel young.
Shows me how it feels to not be stressed.
I believe in fairy tales
Has me waiting patiently for my prince charming to sweep me of my feet.
I believe in dinosaurs,
There had to be something before us?
How can you trust, if you hurt me.
The trees speak, when the air blows through the leaves that seem as is its hair flowing in the wind.
Is it okay to be emotionally unstable?
I believe that life is fair,
It just doesn't affect one person, but a lot more.
Show me the path, to not make mistakes.
I believe in picture perfect,
Shows moments for my grandchildren to be inspired that me, as a teenager, was happy.
Not in happy about smiling, but took time off to be myself.
Not what my parents wanted.
But what I wanted to do with myself.
I don't believe in payback,
Because I don't carry remorse on my shoulders.
I believe in the color red,
Gives me the urge of excitement.
I believe in medicine,
Its able to heal the scars from the fallen.
The fallen.
Lord be my witness, I shall only do good. Never on purpose to make a mistake.
Pennies are the foundation of colleges.
Education is my belief system.
I believe the A.C. turned on is the summer in winter.
I believe without money we can do anything.
Yet, money is how we pay rent, go to college, and raise a family.
As soon I grabbed my moms hands, I said I believe.
And rode the roller coaster, without any fear.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, you've got some lovely lines here, and I can see where you try to mirror the moves of the poet we read in class. Remember, poetry is expressing emotion. You do a fine job with language as you craft some emotion here.

    ReplyDelete